30 April 2005

Offices

I've now begun a new project surrounding the Office where I am looking for abandoned office blocks or no longer used parts of a company that is still in business.

I've felt a need for a while to look and deal with the corporate world in some kind of way within my photography. Having recently having friends suggest I should, I've now taken the plunge so to speak. So far I have covered two sites with more to follow. The development idea that I mentioned in the previous post, fell through, where the company turned me down. This development is the Eagle Centre extension in Derby/UK which is being constructed by the Westfield Group.

I have taken some sneeky photographs of this anyway, but I felt if I got permission to photograph I would be able to get better images than the ones I already have. Sadly not to be so far, but the person I spoke with has stated they will keep it in mind. We'll see!!!

I've also developed the film of the Main Centre area that has now been demolished for the above. Most of the images look fine, but unfortunatly in parts the film must have stuck and double exposed on three or four exposures. I've ended up with three satisfactory shots out of a 120 slide film used in a 6x7.

I have never really been a technical photographer in the sense of talking equipment, etc, I dislike this kind of attitude. I find it sometimes covers up the ideas and concepts of the image where those kind of photographers seem to more concerned in what size lens they have than what they use it for. Often achieving a very bland view of the world. Not to say they all do...

I'm just having a few words and Im sure I am not the first or last person to say it.

Anyway I better end it there for now.

all the best ....

No comments: