06 December 2005

New Things



Since my last posting I've been working on several projects, beginnings of ones and more commercial practices with other artists work.

Had a show of work at the last Banks Mill Open Studios in Derby, where I got a room to myself.

It was compact, but worked in a way... where I also showed some video pieces that are rarely shown. People seemed interested, but these events are peculiar beasts... (see pictures above)

Made two trips to London over last two months to document areas of London for Corey Mwamba - Symbiosis Ensemble project documenting areas of
Ignatius Sancho's life in UK.

These will be used as part of a cd package as yet to be done.

I also recently performed with Concertina Turner at a benefit gig for the Padley Centre in Derby ... reading passages from a book of impostors as bingo calls... its fired me up to such things again. The gig took place at the First Floor Club Derby on Sunday 4th December 05.












It was also the night of a very very good if not best perfo
rmance by The Dust Collectors...
with added brass section.



No comments: