08 September 2005

The Quad Building

Well here is another thing that seems to drive the people of Derby mad a new Arts Centre.

Personally I think its going to be a great enhancement to the city. As a building its going to hold key points in Derby's Arts community Q-Arts / Metro Cinema and Creative Industries within a central location. A place for meeting as well as collaboration.

At the moment the arts community is fractured throughout the city I feel this new centre will bring it together and stronger.

I hope they don't normalise the look and it turns into just another building. Somehow I don't think so... I hope not ... we'll see....

As an artist/photographer myself its a very important step in providing needed facilities that are also needed in the city of Derby outside of the University including dark room and workshop space as well as computer suites I think.

The link on this section will take you to the site where you can also look at the plans of Quad.

No comments: