15 June 2005

a few days to write about or maybe not

Things are starting to pick up now, did a bit of soundscape djing the other day as part of an event at the Q-Gallery / Derby Monday 13 June. The event is called Trigger and its a first of a line of intended events that feature sound, music and film, collaborations and clashes. I did several back to back sets of records with my cohort Chris Barker whom lent the decks and used his sampler to create sound chaos. I enjoyed doing it and hope we get to do it again. The bands that played were 'The Telescopes' and 'Development of Shape' and another whom I cant remember. All three groups collaborated with film makers and digital artists to form an evening of cinematic manipulation. On the whole I think it worked, but initially you can never tell with these kind of events. I look forward to the next installment....

As from last week I have been working on a commission where my photography will be used in a collaborative moving image piece set to music and projected within a caravan. This commission has come through Bathysphere Digital Arts / Leicester where I am working alongside a musician Steve, digital artist Sean C as well as fellow photographer Candice Moule. Keep your eye out at the various festivals in the area, you might see a caravan as cinema.

Plus other things waiting to hear back about.

No comments: